Viapath is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Your privacy matters
Due to the nature of our services and the data required, we will not knowingly allow anyone under 16 to register with our site.
Visitors need to register with us to make the most of our website features and ensure they get a tailored and personalised experience. For this we ask for certain information as part of the registration process (e.g. e-mail address, name, age, sex). We also ask for further information when conducting transactions (e.g. credit card details and address). We may not be able to provide you with all services if you do not wish to supply the requested information.
To help make our site better we use a common feature of internet browsers called a “cookie”. This helps us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing. This does not allow us to identify who you are and does not store any personal information unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example). The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you voluntarily supply. A cookie also can't read any unrelated data off your hard drive.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate and up-to-date information.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our website;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- To help us recognise you when you return to the website and personalise your visit;
- Details of your visits to our website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Security and data retention
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those you have already used.
- If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Viapath Group LLP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
This Site is owned and operated by Viapath Group LLP (“we”, “us”, “our”). If you would like to contact us or object to anything contained on the Site, please email us using the contact form.
Accessing and Using the Site
You may not use the Site in any improper or unlawful manner or in breach of any legislation or licence that applies to you.
You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions that we may give you from time to time regarding the use of the Site.
You are responsible for obtaining (at your own cost) all necessary equipment and telecommunications services required to access and use the Site. You are responsible for ensuring that no one uses your equipment to access the Site without your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone who accesses the Site using your equipment has your permission to do so and you will be liable for any charges or any other costs, liabilities or damages that may be incurred by any such person.
All Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Site and all content and materials contained therein (including without limitation any text, photographs, pictures, graphics, diagrams, video, audio, music, software, applications and their compilation and lay out) (the “Site Content”) are owned by and shall remain owned by us or our licensors. You may view, download and print any materials and information made available to you through the Site subject to the following conditions:
(a) the Site and the Site Content may only be used for your personal purposes;
(b) the Site Content shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
(c) the Site Content may not be modified or altered in any way;
(d) the Site Content may not be distributed or sold to any third party; and
(e) you may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Site Content.
Save as expressly permitted herein, any copying, reproduction, modification, distribution or sale of any Site Content or use of Site Content for any purpose shall be an infringement of our Intellectual Property Rights.
In the event that you download any Site Content from the Site, you own the medium on which the Site Content is recorded but we do not transfer title to such Site Content to you and we retain full and complete title to the Site Content at all times, and all Intellectual Property Rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce any software contained in the Site Content to eye-readable form.
Links to and From Other Websites
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may remove the Site or cease the provision of any of the services available through the Site at any time in our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, we may terminate or suspend your access to the Site (or any part of it) for any reason in our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
While we endeavour to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
While we endeavour to ensure that the Site Content is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the Site Content. Commentary and information is not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on it without seeking independent advice for your circumstances. We may make changes to the Site Content, or to the services, events and publications described in it, at any time without notice. The Site Content may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
We will Exercise all reasonable skill and care in providing the Site.
We do not warrant that the Site, any Site Content and/or any function of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations that the Site and the Site Content will meet your requirements nor do we make any warranty or representations regarding the use or the results of the use of any Site Content in terms of their completeness, accuracy, currency, reliability, or otherwise. We will not be held responsible for the security of the Site or for any disruption of the Site however caused, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions of limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
(b) any loss suffered by you as a result of your reliance on any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us to you; or
(c) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You expressly agree that your use of and browsing of the Site and the use of the Site Content are at your own risk.
Subject to the exclusions above, you agree that we shall not be liable for: (a) any direct loss, claim or damage; (b) any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind that are not directly associated with the incident that caused your claim; or (c) any loss of profit or loss of savings or loss or corruption of data (in each case whether direct or indirect), in each case whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with: (i) any use of the Site or the Site Content; (ii) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Site, the Site Content or any service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the Site, the Site Content or the services irrespective of the duration of any period of unavailability; or (iii) any use of or reliance upon the Site Content or any other information, material, software, services and related graphics obtained through the Site, in all cases even if we have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Due to the inherent risks of using the internet, we cannot be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or any other property when using or browsing the Site. The downloading or other acquisition of any Site Content through the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or acquisition of any such Site Content.
Laws applicable in your country of residence may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.